What to use if I just want one cleaning fluid?

I'm willing to consider distilled water as a post cleaning rinse fluid (g). But if I'm going to use a VPI cleaner for my disks, and I want to use just one over-the-counter fluid to clean both new and old records in an acceptably effective manner, what should I use?
tonyptony
I use 70%.. If I could find 90% or 99% I would probably use it. Remember that RUBBING contains acetone I believe which is a bad thing. Let me know what you think. The Photo-flo bottle is pretty large for the amount used.
Let me know what you think.
I have heard a lot of negative about alcohol on vinyl, but it does not stay on very long with a vacuum based cleaner anyway. A gallon of cleaner for a few dollars and does a nice job.

Jeff
Post removed 
>>Remember that RUBBING contains acetone<<

Acetone is never found in rubbing alcohol. However, it may contain a small amount of ethanol.
Let me clarify my previous post. It concerned the generic term “rubbing alcohol” as used in the thread. In this context we are discussing the use of isopropyl alcohol. Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol USP, BP (USP is United States Pharmacopeia and BP is British Pharmacopeia; both are standards set by the government) contains 68-99% of isopropyl alcohol by volume, water, color additives, stabilizers, and perfume oils.

The other type of rubbing alcohol available is Rubbing Alcohol USP, BP. This product uses ethanol as its’ base (70%). The balance is water and ATF denaturant forumula 23-H (to make it undrinkable) which contains tiny amounts of MIBK (methyl isobutyl ketone), DMK (aka acetone), and ethanol.

Look at the label to see what you are using.
Wouldn't a higher concentration of alcohol just mean it would evaporate quicker for our purposes? I did not give the home formula to be assaulted. I did not remember that rubbing alcohol had acetone or ethanol...I just knew not to use it! Whatever the "rubbing" chemical may be...it is not good for vinyl. Tvad had asked for the home solution and by reading this thread I thought I would offer up mine. When the list of ingredients was given to me I was supposed to find the highest concentration but I have not been anywhere yet that had 99% when I needed it. (or I would have purchased it) I am not a chemist but the person who passed it along to the audiophile friends here is a chemist... and has about $100,000 worth of electronics which includes a Symphonic Line turntable and cartridge. Not exactly mass-fi. His record collection takes up most of a 10 X 10 room. In any event..try it or don't. I am not a salesman and I am not not trying to ruin everyone's vinyl. Use it or spend your $$ on some company's formula which is still mostly water. It doesn't matter to me.

Sincerely,
Jeff