selling vinyl and feeling?

I was just wondering how many fellow audiogoners have sold off their lp collections and are having regrets or are glad and completely happy staying with cd and sacd?
schipo
For me, it has nothing to do with it being vinyl or any other medium. There is music that I was sure I would never listen to again and then gave away. Ten years later, I found myself back into some of that music I know longer had. Tastes and feelings change on the path of life and you never know what music you may revisit and either see it anew or find a different perspective that rekindles its value. Then again, there is something to be said for cleansing oneself of all possessions and following a path free of materiality. Either way, enjoy the moment and cherish your friends and loved ones.
Hartwerger,

That's a nice meandering non-answer. Thanks for the thoughts. Actually, I've found myself in that exact situation where I am revisiting music from past decades and really enjoying it. I'm very happy that I kept my vinyl collection. I doubt that I would ever sell it. Plus, right now my vinyl sounds better than my CD's. Besides, soon CD's will probably go out of favor and I'd much rather sell those if I had to choose. Let's face it, the marketeers of large corporations are the ones who dictate which media formats we consumers will be allowed to purchase.

BTW, if you want to cleanse yourself and eschew your materiality, I'd give a good home to your Mapletree preamp and Music Reference amp. :)

04-27-07: Azjake
...how many of you bought cd copies of your despensed lp's or did you just wave goodbye to all that "classic" music?

For me it wasn't intentional; I lost most of my LP collection in a flood around 1980 and my turntable broke a couple years later. I made do with the LPs I'd recorded to my reel-to-reel and waited for CDs and players to become available and affordable.

Replacing LPs with CDs proved to be a frustrating process: For one thing, the CD versions sounded like ass--bleached, bare, soulless, and for another, many of my favorite jazz albums took decades--if ever--to get reissued.

In some cases, if you blinked you missed the reissue. There were very limited CD reissues by Quincy Jones' and Lee Michaels which are out of print and fetching $70+ on eBay.

Finally, 2 mos. ago I bought a turntable and buy used LPs at $1-5 each. Since I did that I'm hooked and now I'm buying LPs for which I have CDs. I like the sound and the playback effect on my mood so much better.

My regrets are: 1) I didn't replace my ruined LPs with new ones after the flood, 2) didn't replace or fix my turntable when it stopped working, and 3) didn't raid the used stores and garage sales in the late '80s and early '90s when so many people dumped their perfectly good LPs for next to nothing because they'd "gone digital."
Sold most of my collection after realizing the lps had sat in a closet for 12 years little disturbance. Kept a few for sentimental reasons but haven't listened to them. Many have been replaced by cd.
No regrets at all as they would just be taking up space.