Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
I played the Mobile Fidelity release of Bernard Herrmann's Fantasy Film World on 200 grams vinyl yesterday. Wow, that was the first time I heard a 200 grams vinyl release. Of course this was an audiophile release, so not only the quality of the vinyl was outstanding, but also the preparation of the stamper, the pressing procedure and the remastering job. 200 grams vinyl is quite heavy you know... It is also a sort of physical experience to hold this record in your hands and to put in on the turntable.

Chris
Yeah Chris, I've been buying up MoFi's recent reissues. Every one has been outstanding in both mastering and pressing. I think they're new releases are as good as it gets.

Dave
Is analog it worth it, YES YES YES YES & YES.
Yes I think it is!
You can read the liner notes without a magnifing glass while listening & enjoyihg the music. You can also see the art without squinting. Try that with a cd, I don't think so.
I think it is simple. The end goal in audio is to reproduce analog sound, an lp playback system is completely analog front to back, whereas digital systems take an analog source, converted to digital, and then reconvert it to analog. There's a whole lotta converting going on. I think one of vinyl's merits is the simplicity and purity of the interface itself... a needle on a record.
They say that some things, like making sausage, you don't want to watch. Digiphobics, like Hxt1, probably should not watch LPs being recorded or mixed :-)