Is analog & vinyl anoying? Is it worht it.

Yeah it may be better than digital. But come on. 3K+ for a cartridge. Cleaning machines. Preamps. VTA adjustments. noisy records. expensive software. By the time you get it all set up you are ready to just turn on the tv and watch Sportscenter. Is there any alternative?
gregadd
+++ So you dont think you cant tell Vinyl from Digital, yet you can tell that people with remotes and no turntable are not "true" music lovers?+++

My my, now you are doing research on my old posts? Sad.

I can tell the difference between digital and analogue. With digital I get listener fatigue and normally lose interest in listening after about 10 to 15 minutes. After 30 min I will have earache and would not be able to listen any more.

Listening to analogue I can listen almost indefinitely without any fatigue. While I have some theories why this is, I simply not sure exactly why that is. It is something that a number of other audiophiles experience also.

As for telling people who have remotes and no TT are not true music lovers; well that is a fabrication of you fertile imagination. I think if you read my posts you’d know what I did say, including saying that for all things equal I would most certainly choose a preamp with remote.

Regards.
Paul
Mikelavigne, That is REALLY weird you say that about the zeppelin re-masters, Just the other day I put on Zep II with the 200 gram 33's (Whole lotta love first track)Which I did not try out until about a week ago, and Whoa is what me and a friend were saying as well, its so much more explosive and the drum track especially sounds wide open and un-compressed, and the vocals are just ripping thru like its live, very different than any digital counterpart especially on certain bands..

I have found Zeppelin, Sabbath, Beatles, and many others cannot sound as real on CD as the vinyl versions,, But there are Excellent Digital recordings but mostly of much newer Rock bands.
Hi Greg,

Yes I did just upgrade my cartridge, but what of it? I have always had a vinyl rig, starting with a Rega P2 and eventually moving to my SME. But even if I couldn't swing the SME, I would still have a turntable of some sort. In some ways there has never been a better time to get into vinyl - there are lots of very good and not very expensive turntable/arm/cartridge combos that play music very well.

At the end of the day, if you have the software, or want to give a shot "just because" then I think it's a worthwhile endeavor. And you can buy a satisfying vinyl rig for under 2K, if you shop carefully.
Post removed 
Tvad- I will remain in the same neighborhood. I wil however buy a new house and furniture. My Moscode 401hr has also foud a new home)-:(