Should I Brush My Cartridge After Each Use?

I use a Shure M97xE cartridge with the dynamic stabilizer brush down on the front. It seems that the brush picks up at least a little dust after almost every record. When it gets dusty, I use the supplied brush in front- and back-strokes across the stabilizer brush and stylus to get the dust off. Is it ok to do this after each side of a record? Will I do damage to the stylus or the cartridge?
128x128heyitsmedusty
I don't know if this was mentioned,but it is a better idea to brush each side of an lp after it plays out.This way it can go back in the jacket/sleeve,clean.The inner sleeves of album "jackets",are a source of contamination for many sloppy hobbyists.So each time we play an lp,it starts out clean.Keep platter immaculate.I "ripped off" my daughter's make up brush for platter care.
Best!
I second the Zerodust gob as the quickest and most importantly SAFE way to clean the stylus tip. I for one do not have the eyesight or manual dexterity to precisely vector in on that diamond nugget. Sittiing in the goo for approximately five seconds once a week (make sure your best friend or wife) doesn't witness this anolog / human bonding moment ---- keeps my grooves happy.

Before this thread is ended I think we should play a little game of truth or dare to determine how many accidents have occured during these lovely intimate cleaning moments. Kiss and tell anyone?
Vinylrowe, if I told you "no accidents yet" I'd jinx myself. So I won't!

Zerodust is better than nothing, but it will not prevent or remove the buildup discussed above. Try this: glue a piece of ME to a quarter or a heavy washer (for weight). Place that on your platter and dip the stylus into it a few times with the cueing lever, just like you do with a ZD. It will clean better, guaranteed, and be just as safe. No surgeon's eyes or fingers required.