Whats the best record cleaning fluid?

I have a VPI record cleaning machine I got on audiogon. I need to buy or make a recoed cleaning fluid. Any recommendations or sugestions will be welcome.
128x128zeal
Jejune,

cute. ;-)

What has your experience been that precipitated such a strong opinion for you and your like minded aquaintances?

Re: non-hype alternatives, I've had good luck with especially grody used discs by running them under warm water being careful to avoid wetting the label and then rinsing under a faucet of Reverse Osmosis purified water that I use for drinkng that empties into the same kitchen sink, followed by the vacuum. For particularly stubborn spots of unidentified gunk I have applied a citrusolve type degreaser before doing the above.

Resentment of businessmen aside, I don't think it is unreasonable to charge decent money for the time invested in developing an effective product and the hassle of making relatively small quantities of it available to likes of us.

That said there's nothing stopping any of us from going the cheap DIY route whether it is as good or not. It's not necessary to take pot shots at those who choose to develop and market products to those who don't want to bother with DYIing it.

The Walker stuff carries a 30 day money back guarantee. Where's the problem?
If someone comes up with a cheap diy fluid I'm all ears.

I do make my own water: double or triple distilled.

However I worked at this for years and had some really nice forumulas which were humbled by the RRL products.

L'art Du Son makes a really nice cleaning solution.

An Enzyme step is also important if you are going to really get your records clean. Buggstussel is what I've been using with excellent results.

I have not yet tried the Walker product but Jejune's comment is the first negative one I've seen about it. Mr. Walker generally gets it right, if pricy.
My experience is that a few of us went in together and bought some of the Walker stuff to try. Like the AIVS fluid, actually even worse than the AIVS fluid, the stuff is a bear to rinse off clean and three and four passes still left rolled off highs. It is not worth my time. The guy who ordered it is trying to take advatage of the money back plan. I am not sure how that is going.

To spout off about some imagined resentment of businessmen is inaccurate and condescending. I'm not sure if you are referring to me about pot shots, but the only one I see making pot shots in this thread is you and they are unfounded pot shots at that.
Jejune,

As Cjsmithmd said, you're the first negative comment I've heard that was actually based on experience with the product. Your language implied an attitude to me that I see alot on this forum. If I misread, please forgive me. It seems odd that you and your asssociates had such a markedly different experience than that of a number of reputable people. I wonder what Lloyd has said/will say about it. Please keep us posted if you have any further input. If it is simply a matter of insufficient dedication to doing the process correctly, that in itself is valid input. Obviously the hassle factor in such a product will preclude some people. Perhaps you're among them.
>>Mr. Walker generally gets it right, if pricy.<<

Considering any record cleaning solution is about 98% water, how do you justify pricey?

R&D?
It's not rocket science

Raw Materials?
See above

Packaging?
Peanuts

Marketing and Hype?
Ah, now we're on to something