Embedded rumble... on LP's that is...

Yesterday evening I pulled out Austrid Gilberto's "Beach Samba" on Verve (original pressing) to just sit back and relax. With cans on my ears I lowered the arm onto the vinyl to start my session.
As you might know I have developed the turntable that I use myself. After track one I noticed a very distinct high-pitch reverb noise - quiet passage between the first and second track. I immediatly investigated and was worried that it is my machines main bearing inducing this foreign noise.

It turned out to be on the above mentioned record.

Now you tell me - Could the record cutting lathe have induced this noise on the master disk? Other records do not have that particular sound/noise - I checked.

If the mastering equipment is bad then I guess the end-product will also be bad hey?

Just a thought...
Dewald Visser
dewald_visser
I think listens2 has it right. I was referring to rumble (the stuff you can hear). Subsonic = inaudible.
Yes Listens2 is correct, I should have used the term 'subsonic' in my 2d paragraph but some guy called Nsgarch called it a 'rumble filter', who was I to argue! :-)

FWIW my last unit with a filter called it a 'low' filter. But, a rose with any name still smells......:-)
Newbee, speaking of roses, the proper term for 'subsonic' is infra sonic. Subsonic has to do with speed not frequency. And, a rumble filter will act as an infrasonic filter.

Salut, Bob P.