Is Digital actually better than Analog?

I just purchased an Esoteric DV-50s. The unit is fantastic in the sense that you can hear every detail very clearly in most recordings. Here is the thing, does it make for an enjoyable musical expereince? With this type of equipment, you can actually tell who can actually sing and who can really play. Some artist who I have really enjoyed in the past come across as, how shall I put it, not as talented. This causes almost a loss of enjoyment in the music.
Which comes to my Vinyl curiousity. I dont own a single record, but I have been curious why so many have kept the LP's (and tubes for that matter) alive for so long after the digital revolution and now I am thinking it is probably has to do with LP's being more laid back and maybe even more musical. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Would someone recommend going back to Analog. I was thinking of getting a entry level player like a Scout Master.
128x128musicaudio
Here, Here, Pauly. You summed up how I have been feeling for months! Good Job!!!!!

Justin
Post removed 
Organic? Does that mean that analog recordings are supposed to be bio-degradable?

3D optical storage = surround sound? Not really. . . it only means that by storing data in 3 dimensions we may in principle achieve higher data density. . . how the higher data density is used remains undefined by the storage medium.

Monna Lisa painted by Picasso? What a fanciful notion. . . last I checked the author was one Leonardo Da Vinci, who lived in Italy some several centuries before Pablo Picasso was even born in Spain.

In general, the proposition that "digital is better than analog" or viceversa remains undecidable.
Such an emotive subject. An old versus a new approach.

I catch myself sometimes saying to the kids, "Well, in my day, things were much better..." but things do move on, and the kids just roll their eyes...

VHS versus DVD.
Carburetors versus electronic controlled fuel injection.
Film versus digital camera
Letter versus an email
Mechanical spring wristwatch versus LCD
A fax versus an electronic file.
Natural fabrics versus man made
Horse versus motor car
Balloon versus aeroplane
Organic food versus industrial production
Pen and ink versus ballpoint pen
Newspaper versus internet news
Coal versus Oil
FM Radio versus MTV
Slide rule versus Calculator
Stone versus concrete
Candle versus lightbulb
Carbon fibre composites versus wood sports gear
Leather Ski boots versus plastic
Such an emotive subject. An old versus a new approach.

I catch myself sometimes saying to the kids, "Well, in my day, things were much better..." but things do move on, and the kids just roll their eyes...

VHS versus DVD.
Carburetors versus electronic controlled fuel injection.
Film versus digital camera
Letter versus an email
Mechanical spring wristwatch versus LCD
A fax versus an electronic file.
Natural fabrics versus man made
Horse versus motor car
Balloon versus aeroplane
Organic food versus industrial production
Pen and ink versus ballpoint pen
Newspaper versus internet news
Coal versus Oil
FM Radio versus MTV
Slide rule versus Calculator
Stone versus concrete
Candle versus lightbulb
Carbon fibre composites versus wood sports gear
Leather Ski boots versus plastic
Shadorne (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers)

Apples versus Oranges???