Step up above Acoustic Signature Mambo

I have been happy with my Acoustic signature Mambo for almost a year now. Being new to analog, I haven't done any experimentation with various turntables , arms, phono preamps or that many cartridges. So, at this point, I don't know how much I can improve things and where the best improvements could be made.

Question, would the TW Acustic Raven AC be a significant improvement over the Mambo or would funds be better directed to soemthing else? Phono preamp? Speakers?

Andrew
aoliviero
Raul,

I just got in and saw your email, I've sent you a reply. This week isn't going to work for me. I keep forgetting how close to Christmas we are. Let's try to do this in the future.

I look forward to hearing Andrew's report!

Best,

Dan

Hi Andrew,

Could you update us on the wonders that Raul worked on your sound?

Also, have you discovered any more information on your question about the Mambo vs. Raven?

Thanks,

Mark
Yes, Andrew, how did things go? I've been side-tracked by some sat tv issues the last few days and forgot to check back.

Best,

Dan
Folks,

It was an ear-opening experience and very worthwhile. I had some busy work days spilling over into the evening with customers. I'll have a chance this weekend to provide a formal and thorough post. Hang-on.

Andrew
Couldn't resist one more comment speciifc to this thread. Listening to Raul's preamp showed me that there is a lot more that can be extracted from my Analog system. Based on that, the Mambo is not the weak link and the piece of gear I should change at this point.

More later.