phono stage break in?

Does anyone know if breaking in a phono stage is possible by running my tuner to the input of the phono stage? Is this a bad idea?

Thanks,
Rolloff
rolloff
Larry:

I have only had the chance to compare the Ayre to the two Granite CDs. The PAD one is a bit pricey for me, and I cannot find anywhere even a "track listing" or rationale/marketing on why I should buy the PAD CD. The Ayre CD was made by George Cardas and works very well for burning equipment in. I actually have a new headphone amplifier on the way here and plan to use it again, so perhaps I can use this opportunity to revaluate the Ayre CD ;) Like many people, I use the Ayre and Cardas record weekly for general maintence as well as break-in with noticeable differences.

-Marc
Marc,
Thanks for the follow up. I will give the Ayre a try. Where is a good place to pick it up (Acoustic Sounds) ?
Thanks,
Larry
Just FYI: The PAD CD is $150 list but only $99 at Music Direct. It is burned in real time, not stamped. It is a full 72 min of computer generated sequences (not exactly "tracks") which "target" different types of electronic "parts" in the system (resistors, capacitors, IC chips, voice coils, etc.) -- at least that's the description ;--)

You are supposed to (initially) run it continuously through five cycles, and then after that two cycles for maintenance.

I does make a difference, but I have to leave while it's playing. Even at what would be "normal" listening levels, it makes me nuts. It would make a great weapon, or maybe to clear out a bar at closing time ;--)
Ok. I tried the Cardas sweep again today. First time since all the new gear went in. It does seem that there was a lot of grundge before. Now the voices and instruments are just that much more defined. The notes at both extremes are also cleaner.