TIME to break in a Denon 103R

Can anyone offer their experience on how many hours it takes to fully break in a Denon 103R cartridge ?
Thanks,
Larry
cello
It's not theory--it's simple physics: P = F/S. The better the stylus, the larger the contact area, the deeper it will go into the record groove. From eliptical, to hiper eliptical, to Shibata (Audio Tecnica), Stereohedron (Stanton) and Fritz Geiger (Ortofon) shapes.

Come on, those cartridges were designed for radio stations back in the early 60's and the records back then (thick hard and mostly mono). There's someone in eBay who had the nerve to advertise the Pickering XV-15 as an audiophile product because it had been used in Swedish radio! I *do* have one of those--it was in my Father's fully automatic Garrard rim drive.

One of the first things I learned when I started audio (I was 14, 1977) was to use the best tip shape I could afford. That's why I still have VG++ albums from that era, in spite of drugs, rock and roll and my Tecnics DD.

Doug, stylus shape is so important that the cartridge I use is a DJ cartridge to which Kevin (KAB Electroacoustics) grafts a NOS Stereohedron stylus. Trackabilitty and musicality are excellent, along with the midrange of a $1500 MC. My Ortofon X5 MC has become the spare cartridge...

One's record collection would do a LOT better with a Shure M97. For real.

Dan,
My friend is using a Rega B300 with an Incognito Wire Upgrade on a P3 table.
Rgds,
Larry
Steve,
Glad to hear that your Lenco project is rolling along. I am really looking forward to see how it all ends up.
Have you ever heard any comments/ feedback on the sonic difference between the 103 and the 103R ?
Rgds,
Larry
Dan (OFCBAH),
"Cognoscenti" - those in the know, a Connoisseur.
Does that moniker fit you (your wife's opinion not required here) ?
Rgds,
Larry
Psychicanimal,
Interesting post and also the first time I have heard a comment that the 103 would cause record damage.
Can anyone else weigh in here to confirm / dispel Psychicanimal’s Theory ?
Rgds,
Larry