Real world experience with the Funk or Funk V TT

Have read favorable reviews on the Funk Firm's (of Pink Triangle fame) new basic Funk and the upgraded Funk V TT. I am wondering if anyone owns one or has had a chance to listen critically to this relatively inexpensive TT. As well, any comparisons with say the JA Michell Tecnodec ? Thanks for your opinions.
thom_y
Flying Red,

What are you talking about? I own a Funk V and it has all the detail and vibrancy I would ever need. Sonically it is comfortable with anything up to twice the cost. Are you sure that you hadn't got a problem with your ears?

Matt.
It might be more helpful to the OP if you answered his question rather than questioning my hearing. (Btw my hearing is excellent thanks). I'm pleased that you're happy with your purchase and it satisfies your needs.

I would reckon that a used Garrard 401 (in a massy, solid plinth) at half the price of the Funk V would do a far better job - more punch, more dynamic and better speed stability.

I find it useful to read comments from others about the products they didn't buy and why - it's usually more insightful than the gushing prose we all write about the shiny new toys that we actually do buy.
Ok, somebody flush and turn on the exhaust fan...lets get back to what this table is about.

I too am interested in what your experiences are Matt. I love the fact that it is not the same as most square boxes. It looks to be another interpretation in engineered density wood of what the Solution and others have been trying in other materials.

Matt, we want the Funk! Speak on...
I noticed in a number of recent mags, very positive reviews for the Funk Vector (v) TT. This includes: HiFi+ (vol 46), recent The Absolute Sound, and HiFi News. I am curious, other than Matt, has anyone else bought the Vector and what do they have to say about it. Perhaps, Matt wants to share some further experience since June.

THanks for the feedback!

Lawrence