Dynavector XV-1s set up

Hi,

I've just got a new XV-1s and am trying to set it up using a Plinius M14, which I am using temporarily. The Plinius offers Cartridge Loads of 22, 47, 100, 470, 1k and 47k. The XV-1s' literature is very limited but gives a recommended load of "more than 30 ohms". Can anyone advise me on what setting will work best on the Plinius?

Also, how long will the XV-1s take to run-in? And, finally, any other set up tips and advice will be warmly welcomed.

Many thanks
dgob
Mine is also now tracking at 1.9g on SME V with about 1 on the anti-skate. Loading at 100 ohm. I have been experimenting with VTA and have settled with the rear of the arm raised up - interested to hear what others have found with VTA??

This cartridge has an incredible ability to make you sit up and listen - sometimes makes you jump with an unexpected snare drum or vocal. Absoulutely magical!
It has since been generally agreed that the XV-1s performs best at around 2.1g VTF.

I don't know where and by whom this agreement was made and under what conditions. Would you folks tracking a 2.0+ VTF please mind stating what arm you are using the V-1s on? I think it would help clarify some of the differences that are being reported. It sounds like the SME and Triplanar users prefer a much lighter VTF.
Dan_ed,

I was talking about those in the thread at the time and some related off-line conversations. I've tried it with an SME V, Ikeda, Lustre GST 801 and now the Audiocraft AC-3300. I found that - all things being equal - 2.1g worked best (for my tastes and priorities) on these. I'm sure YMMV
On my Tri-Planar the XV-1s tracks nicely at 1.87gm though I intend to experiment with slightly lower settings.

Feeding an AS MP-1 Mk3's phono, I'm happy loaded at 200 Ohm. I've tried more and less but for me, 200 seems to be the number.