Anyone heard the Sota Millenia?

Looks good on paper and comes from good lineage. I like the composite materials and vacuum hold down. It would be nice to get a solution for a second arm but I would contact Sota for such an idea. I would be concerned about the sapphire jewel bearing as I've heard that jeweled bearings can shatter.
dan_ed
BTW-Dan,Sometimes the best thing you can do,to aid you,in this hobby(and it will cost you nothing),is to make an attempt to hear a few really good set-ups,that other hobbyists own.Bring some of your own program material to listen in these systems.It is easy(with common sense,and a good ear)to get a feel for differing presentations,and system voicings,which can influence us to move closer to a specific set of performance parameters,we may hear and like.Sometimes it's only an adjustment,but what happens frequently,is that we learn about what is important in reproducing what we are ultimately striving for.I have been greatly aided by this,and it has given me great cause to think things through.I've benefited,in musical terms.Live music IS great,but you have to hear other set-ups to compare to what we already "think" is accurate.I hope this makes sense!

Best regards.
thanks for the reply and i agree with sirspeedy about
the tubes. i also own the 10-t's but the 2 best changes
i have made are putting two telefunken CCA'S into pre-amp
(pse-hybrid) and siemens into my phono pre(arc ph3-se).
good luck.
orlando(prhifi)
Evening folks,

That is very good advice about listening to others systems. I've met a few audiophiles in my area, New Hampshire, and none that are into vinyl as much as I am. But I keep looking.

Still no word back from Sota. I'll keep trying. I'm a little short tonight, sinuses are all screwed up.
One quick comment. I agree about live music. I find live music of all genre much brighter than most systems reproduce.
Dan,it has nothing to do with the actual sound of live music,which is influenced by hall,acoustics etc.Live is,well,live!!Of course it is the best,but NOT reproduceable!!What I mean is that,as you gain experience,you can notice the little things that a "music reproduction system" can do,if really well set up.For ex:I can tell when my cartridge downforce/vta/damping is off.To me,this is the sound (exagerated,of course)of a rock being dragged through a plowed groove!!You lose that sense of beauty in the music,here.Flutes lose air,harp notes suck,and small bell tones sound hard.Sometimes it is easy to confuse this resonant,yet inaccurate sound,with greater air,or dynamics,or life.Wrong!I can pick up un this in other set-ups too.Same goes for line condition interactions,as well as room acoustics,etc!!There is a host of plagues we don't know we have until we hear someone with a better set-up.Then we have a chance to correct our own problem,should one(usually there's quite a few,we didn't realize we had)exist!!

Best regards!