Demagnatizing a ZYX Cartridge

If there is someone out there that owns a ZYX, can you please tell me if I should periodically demagnatize the cartridge.
slowhand
Tom,
Doug is right on the money. It might be dependant on which model ZYX one has, but the Cardas Frequency Sweep LP (available at Acoustic Sound for less than $ 30.00), makes a nice improvement when used regularly in my system.
I find that I can hear clear improvements if I use it every 3 weeks. The longer I wait to use, it the more improvement is discernable.
I would definitely get the Cardas LP and see what it does in your system.

Rgds,
Larry
I have the Benz Aesthetix Demagnetizer, but I have never used it on the ZYX Yatra. Sounds like from your comments that I should not. What is the difference between it and the Cardas LP? I have to say that I love the sound of this cartridge. I play very few CD's these days.

Tom
Some cartridges can apparently be damaged by active demagnetizing. VdH specifically advises against it for example. I don't know that it would hurt a ZYX, but to actively demag any cartridge without checking that it's safe would be imprudent. I'd do what Rgurney said first.

The Cardas record's demag tracks are simple frequency sweeps. Why playing a two minute frequency sweep demags anything is beyond me, but it's even harder imagining it doing any harm.