Is extremely accurate "VTA" adjustment necessary?

Here's a very interesting article by Geoff Husband of TNT on the importance (or better relative unimportance) of overly accurate VTA adjustment.

Exposing the VTA myth?

A short quote form the article:

Quote - "VTA, or Vertical Tracking Angle is one of those topics that divides opinion...That 'VTA' matters is indisputable, but the purpose of this article is to examine the validity of the claims made for the relative importance of VTA...SRA/VTA matters of course, but in the real world not THAT much, rigidity, simplicity and lateral alignment are all more important"

What are your thought and comments on this issue?
restock
Newbee, yes, a rational for ignoring adjustment of your VTA-exactly but why have to tell others it is irrelevant and give incorrect or exaggerated information?

Once I had the Wheaton tone arm with a caliper scale. I did mark about 100 records to set this. I don't do that with the Shindo Labs but do make changes for thick records, such as 200 grams.
I just set the goddam cartridge to level and forget about it. It sounds fine to me. I've got a collection of approx. 7,000 LPs, and buying more all the time. Life is short and there's too much good music to listen to.

Can I get an "amen brother"?
Will_herrera,
>>> Can I get an "amen brother"? <<<

Sir, yes Sir! And all say AMEN! :-)

This whole REGA white paper rational could actually be seen just the other way round. BECAUSE of what Roy thinks about the subject the REGA tts are as they are?

I do of course figure out the best compromise with each new cart I listen to, followed by some fine tuning. But then after some time --- that's IT.
Amen brother, as life's too short. I rather get anal about other stuff (which in fact I do, e.g. cross-overs and such).
Greetings,
If your records are of different thinkness as mine are, set the TT up for 180 gram records. It will be close enough for most all your records and best for what is being pressed for the most part now. I tried at one time to adjust for different thicknesses and it drove me crazy.
IMHO be less anal and enjoy the music, this is a hobby not a job.