Linear Tracking Turntables - Best??

Entertaining the idea of acquiring a linear tracking turntable. Which was condidered the most sota. Ease of set up and maintenace is a prerequsite. Most I have talked with,say linear only way to go. OK AUDIOGON MEMBERS ITS YOUR TURN. Convince me one way or the other
ferrari
how much are you willing to spend? if price is truly not an obstacle, you should go for the rockport serius. i haven't heard much played on the latest iteration but spent some time with the penultimate model. i have used an airtangent arm on a tnt to good effect, tho it's a bit tricky to setup and keep properly tweeked. same goes for the clearaudio tt/arm combo; the newest version, however, is a good deal better than prior ones. i would avoid going into the used market after a classic goldmund; they are a real setup nightmare. IMHO, you will find it easier to deal with a pivoted arm on a really good tt and, as a consequence play more lp's more frequently than you might with the much more finicky linear trackers. my personal choice is the basis debut vacuum with a graham 2.0 ceramic and koestsu onyx platinum cartridge. whatever your alternative, as with any component, cable, etc.: AUDITION IT IN YOUR SYSTEM. IF YOU CAN'T DO THIS FOR ANY REASON, DON"T BUY.
I owned the Goldmund Studietto turntable/arm and found it to be extraordinarily revealing. Once set up and dialed in for optimum performance, it was very straightforward to operate. This linear tracker was also a relative bargain ($3,000 new) compared to the Goldmund Studio model ($5,500+), which was considered the best TT/arm at the time. Unfortunately, Studiettos rarely come up for sale on the used market. Hope this helps. Daddy-O.
A good pivot tone arm is every bit as good as line tracking. They both have advantages, it is not as simple as one is better than the other.