Esoteric K-01 and Aurender S10 compatibility

Has anyone found away for an Esoteric K-01 DAC to recieve 192Khz files from an Aurender S10 music server.

I have spoken to Esoteric and they will not be supoorting Linux on the K-01.

The rwo units will connect, but the K-01 will only recieve 44.1Khz from the Aurender, thus defeating the purpose of having the Aurender S10.

The makers of Aurender say they cannot proceed without Esoteric's driver.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party driver that works on the K-01.

Looking forward to any idea's.

Buying another DAC is not an option.

Regards,

Jon
jon47
All works as advertised. I hear the same improvements re CD to SACD. I assume there will be some further improvements with run in. Very happy, now no need for an external DAC upgrade.
Jon47,
Yes, hold on tight to your K-01. Its DAC section is still right up there for redbook/SACD SQ.
I recently acquired a new preamp, the Ayre K-5xeMP that is rated Class A by JA of Stereophile for approx US$3500. I can't believe it but this analog preamp alone has elevated the SQ of my entire system to a whole new level. It's like a completely new K-01 dac/player in a totally new system!
What I have discovered from this flabbergasting experience is that the K-01's dac section is already top flight as it is and upgrading the analog side of the chain brings out this previously hidden quality. We can now stop chasing the dac rainbow for redbook CD/SACD where the K-01 is concerned and start thinking of the analog component of the system. This analog preamp upgrade has made me rediscover the gorgeous quality of CD's spinning in the transport. It now trumps the hi-res dac section of the Marantz NA8005 media player which I previously thought to be better than the K-01's dac.
Cheers! Jon.
Interesting indeed!

I have the Ayre KX-R as my pre and like it a lot. Though, I will probably not go for the upgrade currently on offer by Ayre and their dealers. I did hear improvements particularly in RBCD, but the upgrade price is significant.
That's awesome. Keep us posted if and when you can't resist the urge to upgrade to the KX-R20.