Esoteric K-01 and Aurender S10 compatibility

Has anyone found away for an Esoteric K-01 DAC to recieve 192Khz files from an Aurender S10 music server.

I have spoken to Esoteric and they will not be supoorting Linux on the K-01.

The rwo units will connect, but the K-01 will only recieve 44.1Khz from the Aurender, thus defeating the purpose of having the Aurender S10.

The makers of Aurender say they cannot proceed without Esoteric's driver.

Does anyone know of any 3rd party driver that works on the K-01.

Looking forward to any idea's.

Buying another DAC is not an option.

Regards,

Jon
jon47
I wanted to stay with USB to maintain an asynchronous connection between the Esoteric and Aurender S10.

I can use SPDIF and achieve 192Khz into the Esoteric DAC but loose asynchronous functionality.
We suggested this in another forum (because Esoteric uses a custom driver for their USB implementation and does not currently support Linux as an OS for the USB driver).

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?ddgtl&1354751988&openmine&zzDoggiehowser&4&5#Doggiehowser

Here's someone who bypassed the USB input on a K-03 with a Bel Canto REFLink. I gather the USB implementation on the K-01 and K-03 are the same so the gains on your system may be similar.

However, I did also mention that the Aurender was designed primarily as an AES output device so that (and SPDIF) may be a better bet.

The alternative would be to trade in your Aurender for the newly announced model that has a clock input. That would provide clock control from an external device (like Esoteric's) that can sync the data transfer between the Aurender and the K-01.
Getting close to make the jump into Computer Audio, trying to ensure I go the right way from the start. Thanks again.