Others opinions on the new MHDT Stockholm DAC?

Hello:

I recently took delivery of the new MHDT unbalanced Stockholm DAC. After a week of solid break in, this DAC is closed in, lacks clarity and is simply dull. I'm interested to know from other Stockholm owners whether extended break in is necessary to realize the potential of this DAC?
frontier1
The mhdt Havana and Havana Balanced will go up against the Audio Note right out of the box. Being a DAC with a tube output buffer section, and the circuit supporting over a dozen tube variants, that happens to be an obvious variable to experiment with for tuning the sound. The fact that the chipset sockets support an additional variant is a further opportunity for voicing the DAC for those who care to try, but it's not necessary. The further upgrading of internal parts, particularly capacitors, is an area for modification in which the mhdt is neither more nor less susceptible to improvement than anything else, given that everything is built to a price point. But stock, Havana and Havana Balanced, as well as the Stockholm successors, are exceedingly fine DACs.

The last worthwhile thing even if you never open up the mhdt, or an Audio Note for that matter, is experimentation with what it sits on. But absolutely *every* DAC I've had my hands on is improved by finding the right support for dissipating internal vibration, and decoupling from external vibration, right up to 4 and 5 figures DACs, and the mhdt are no exception to this. For mhdt DACs, bearings-based supports are best.

Phil
Chips are in & Immediate performance upgrade!

WOW is all I can say. This DAC with a realtively simple upgrade is killer!!