Squeezebox Line Comes to an End

Just saw this at another forum. While the writing was on the wall, I'm still disappointed.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96190-Squeezebox-Line-Comes-to-an-End-%28quasi-official-confirmation%29
lewinskih01
Vhiner, agreed.

Feckless, shortsighted morons.

They had an opportunity to energize a market. Instead, they abandoned it, probably because some bean counting MBA could not imagine the potential.

I was banned from their forums a few years back for essentially predicting such.
Haven't used it, but I prefer the philosophy behind the squeeze model in which I can integrate with my dac, amp, etc. the original sonos I don't think was able to, not sure about current models. Also, the squeeze line was all about audiophile quality, not sure the sonos really had as much focus on that.

My next move will be to computer integrated USB based. I also don't believe in all in one units.
I'm expecting my (five) Squeezebox devices to continue making music for years to come, with the large Squeezebox developer community collaborating to ensure LMS/Squeezebox Server software remains viable (at least for local streaming). Whether Pandora, RadioIO, or other streaming internet radio stations continue functioning remains to be seen. In fact, I just ordered a "backup" Touch.