What next?

I've been trying to figure out what should be my next investment and not really coming up with a clear way forward.

I'm actually really happy with the way it sounds, but I subscribe to the theory that there's usually some incremental improvement to be had somewhere.

The only weaknesses I can think of are that a) the low bass could use a little tightening up, b) the soundstage could be slightly deeper and wider.

I heard a friend's DAC in my system that, while I preferred everything else about mine, had tighter, faster low end. Soundstage is really just a guess, I could have room limitations.

In terms of investing, I'm thinking next up will be under $1k. Down the road I may consider moving up the Aerial linen speakers or trying a set of Eidolons, and moving to Ayre separates.

I don't feel a burning need to spend the money, but, system assembly in its own right is a hobby (beyond just enjoying the sound) and activity keeps it invigorating.
joncourage
I cant tell if u have spikes on your speakers. If not, you need to get them raised off the floor. I also have a limited space situation and I'm using furniture sliders under my spiked speakers. I move the speakers away from the walls for listening sessions and the improvement in imaging is amazing.
Aurelex Lenrd bass traps in the corners of the room behind the spakers will do wonders for the bass.
Thanks for the recommendation on the bass traps. That's definitely something I want to do.

The speakers are on Sound Anchor stands, rigid steel stands with spikes. They are on the carpet which is directly on top of the concrete slab of the house. I like the idea of putting them on sliders to move into the room as-needed. I'll look at Herbie's.