Multi channel much better than stereo?

If done correctly (ie. using the right pre-amp, speakers ),properly set up, multi channel sound completely blows away any stereo sound out there. Anyone that has "Good" audio experience would have to agree. If you don't agree...well, YOUR WRONG. It's ok to be wrong, alot of people "Think" they have alot of audio experience, but they really don't. Any comments ?
urban
Urban your killing me. First of all your not playing in the band, so get the hell off the stage and have a seat with the rest of us in the audience. Stop believing what you read. That's how I learned for myself. For example there's a place I went to that carries all Martin Logan speaker and yes they even have the statements there. So I go to this place thinking hell these guys got to have the right equipement here for the Martin's (they did carry every speaker of Martin's). But when I listened I was very disappointed. My soga continued, cause I was on a quest to make the martins do what I knew they could do. And for me it was bat gear. Now you can sit in your room and be convinced that you've reached the limit of your system, which is a good idea and less expensive. Or when you get bored you can go out and auditions some stuff at home. Reviews are just a guideline, but the true test is your own ears.
Pcc,
Explain in alittle more detail your system for me, Id be real interested to hear what you have done. I know it is impossible to reach my limit because there isn't one. One of the big improvements I can make is in building the right room. I have already built one room, so I have learned some things. My last room was pretty good but it had "room" for improvements. Just so you don't think (As the Tireguy put it) I'm a "clown", my last home theater was used as a "Reference system" for a speaker manufacturer in our area. They would bring over dozens of new speakers so I could evaluate them ( Took lots of measurements)and in some case's help them with the design, wiring etc.,infact; on one occasion I had a well respected audio critic, whom I'm sure you have read much of his stuff in magazines, doing some "On sight" reviews for this speaker company in my theater/audio room. I say this not to brag, but I just don't want you thinking I'm someone with a new $799.00 Yamaha reciever who heard a "Hall/church/jazz club surround" for the 1st time and said, "Hey this is the future of music!!!" One other thing, I do listen to critic's because they do have more experience than me, I have a job/family that have nothing to do with audio, so it is impossible to have heard as much equip. as they have.
Thanks Pcc,
BTW: Tireguy; my system will blow yours so far out of the water, that it would make your head spin!!!! So don't call me a clown !!! The installer, who set up Gov. Tommy Thompsons system said mine was better and the nicest he had seen in this area (State). (Tommy had a nice system $$$$$)
So Tireguy, what experience do you have, who knows, maybe you have enough experience to be able to call me a clown, but you have not proved it here.
Here it is Urban.

Lexicon DC-1
Bat vk200
Martin Logan Aerius i
Interconnect RCA to Bal analyst plus(dc1 to vk200)
NHT sw2pi sub(works great on music and ht, but always
looking for better/thinking of going with 2
vmps or 2 genesis 928)
Martin Logan Cinema center
Pioneer elite DV F07
B&K amp for rear and center channels
All transparent cables thru out/yes aerius biwired

I've listened to the system in surround with the hell freezes over dvd and also in 2 channel. yes the surround sounds great, but the 2 channel kills it. I will be adding a Bat vk30 pre amp (tube). I have auditioned the bat 3i preamp(tubed) at home in the system listed above and I'm here to say that it smokes the surround and the 2 channel I get from the DC-1. The bat pre's have a by-pass loop so I can use the dc-1 for ht and the bat pre for 2 ch... But I know you like this word "Imo", I think the bat combo on the Martins is a perfect balance and creates the surenergy I've been looking for........................ So try some of these 2ch combo's and don't forget cables also play a role in the whole mess of things....
Thanks Pcc,
We do have many things in common when it comes to the front end of a system. I too believe, one of the best stereo's I put together was bi-wiring the Aerius with tube amps. Infact, I had Quest's (Fronts) Logos, Aerius (Surrounds) with the Quest's bi-amped and I've sold my Quests in favor of the Aerius. The Aerius presented a more realistic sound stage, but I think room dimensions and treatments can make the difference as to which way to go. (quest vs aerius) Currently my plan is to use Aerius i bi-amped for front and another set of aerius for the rear, Logos for center, using 2 sunfire mk2's for bass, plus bass shakers in the furniture (I can turn those on when it's late at night so I don't wake others.) More Later, I'm at work.
Pcc,
If you got an extra $1,000 dollars lying around, putting a set of (Used of course) Aerius in the back will really improve an audio sound stage in 5.1 ch. Because I'm still in transition with my system I'm not using ML's in the rear right now and hence would rather listen to just stereo on 2 ch audio. I have yet to have one person say they prefer 2 ch. over 5.1 ch when using ML's all around, it not only sounds better but looks impressive as well. Some stuff that is recorded in 5.1 is done so poorly that I would agree stereo is better, but some of the newer stuff was recorded properly, and stages beautifully. Roy Orbison is not recorded that way, but still is fun. On that recording they put a different instrument in every speaker, and it is a favorite buy far from guest's in our house.