DCS Puccini and Uclock vs Debussey and Uclock

I am looking for anyone who has compared the DCS Puccini and Uclock vs Debussey and Uclock with computer Audio.

Have heard the Debussey vs Ayre DX5. Debussey had increadible bass but vocals were secondary in the music presentation. DX5 DAC was warmer and brought the vocals forword but bass and instruments were not as clear as the DCS. Does the Puccini and Uclock have a different presentation to the Debussey and Uclock. Happy to hear of another DAC with superiour performance to the Debussey within the same price range. Look forward to your feedback!
jon47
Hi, where do you live? I'm in austin, Tx my local dealer has both Ayre and dCS. I have a Puccini and U Clock (thinking about stepping up to Paganini or Scarlatti soon)

Don't discount the sound quality out of a quality transport like the Puccini offers. It is still better than computer based audio...I have both with my set up...

As far as warmth on the dCS, I'm running Transparent cabling and Shunyata power cords on a Grand Prix rack...this really helps.

Sorry I can't help you out on the Debussy compare...
Brian Berdan from Brooks Berdan LTD brought over a dCS Puccini, U- Clock and Debussy and we listened carefully to all possible configurations. We kept our opinions to ourselves until the session was over. Somewhat surprisingly, we both concluded that the Puccini/U-Clock was the superior combination even when using the Puccini just as a DAC with computer audio. Go figure. And as Jfrech points out, with the Puccini you also get a world class transport. dCS has got something special going on with the Puccini.

The Puccini/U-Clock was more organically nuanced, warmer, slightly more holographic with tightly articulated bass.

All that said I preferred the ARC DAC8, especially for the money. At least for now.

I have my eye on the new ARC REF DAC Digital Media Bridge or a dCS Paganini stack once they update.

Full disclosure, I have gone over to the dark side, having digitized my vinyl and CDs.
Hi on the paganini, what do u mean "once they update...". Thanks (private mail ok)
Thanks for the insights, very helpful.

Khrys: Whith the Debussey, vocals moved to a secondary presentation to the instruments in the soundstage...vocals were more in the background, smaaller and less organic, so much so compared to the DX5, it would be very hard to chose the Debussey for me...but lower frequencies, attack and transparency were simply amazing. Did you hear a difference between the Puccini using the DAC with computer audio vs the Debussey....did you notice what I did with the Debussey and was the Puccini and clock better...did vocals expand, take center stage and become for organic? If so how significant was the change. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...did decision to come;-)
I am also thinking of using the Puccini and clock for computer audio..I already have a good transport and did not really want to change it....but I would, if the Puccini was better than the Debussey as a DAC for computer audio. But the Debussey disappointed on vocals, at least the way I like to listen to music...so now, I am concerned that the Puccini and clock DAC may suffer the same presentation of vocals as the Debussey.

I started off wanting a separate DAC to my transport, so that as DAC's improve over time, I could continue to upgrade the DAC without having to throw away my transport if it was integrated...more costly.