What can cause noise with my Wadia 381? HELP

My new Wadia 381 CD player (modified by a well known company in Minnesota) has exhibited a reproducible noise problem since it was new. There is a ridiculously high noise floor that sounds like hiss, louder in the left channel. But ALSO, there is static noise that sounds much like scratches on a vinyl disc that are NOT constant but recur with regularity. I can e-mail a QuickTime video to anyone who is interested that demonstrates the noises quite clearly. Just to rule out various causes, I have swapped out interconnects, amplifiers (solid state and tube), and speaker systems. In addition, I took the Wadia to a different house with no cable TV, all appliances unplugged, all fluorescent lighting turned off and the NOISES ARE STILL THERE! I SENT THE 381 in for service and they claim that the unit functioned perfectly--no noise. I am at my wits end because a very expensive Wadia 381 with mods has a very reproducible set of noises that everybody on the planet that has been in my house can hear with any system equipment that I own. But I am getting nowhere with the dealer regarding this problem--I am told that the unit checks out and it is my problem. I fear that when I send the unit back in again for service for another $100 shipping, I will once again get the "no problem" diagnosis. The dealer had the unit running for hours and claim they NEVER HEARD A SINGLE NOISE. For whatever reason, the burden of proof of what is clearly a Wadia sourced issue seems to be placed squarely on my shoulders. Any input from the community will be appreciated.
128x128cathealer
I think Brett & Co feel for you in a way.
I think it sounds interesting, but not at all pleasing from your point. I would be furious, but it won't help though.
Yes please, let me know how it develops and resolves and let's hope it isn't that bad.
Cathealer,

If the noise is coming from the left balanced output, please try the left unbalanced output to see if the noise is there too.

Please let me know if it is, or which specific output or outputs it is coming from.

Chuck
Cathealer,

The reason that I'm asking is that if the problem is with the left balanced output but the left unbalanced output is alright, Steve may not have seen the problem.

Please email me at: [email protected]

Chuck
I have heard noise from both right and left channels, balanced and unbalanced. Brett will have the beast tomorrow; I hope that he finds the problem quickly and won't have to dismantle the machine in the process.....