Solid State CD Player under $2000

What would you consider to be the best solid state CD player (with XLR balanced outputs) money can buy for under $2000 (new or used)?
agiaccio
I have a CA 840c and was considering adding the Bryston D/A to take advantage of their class A analog circuitry (the CA is OP2134 opamps). Agree that adding yet another CD player alone might not make sense for the future. At least with the Bryston D/A I could add a file player later and still use the D/A.

But along the lines of a file player, how do you catalog music when everything is on a USB thumb drive? I miss the jewel cases and LP album covers. You can't label or put LP cover art on a thumb drive!
Has anyone done a direct comparison with the Oppo 95 to other higher cost players in the same system?
Another point re the CA 840. It will OUTPUT a variety of digital formats all the way up to 24 bit 192 KHz. This makes a combo with the Bryston BDA-1 very interesting as it will accept inputs up to this level as well. This allows potential bypassing of the Bryston up-sampler, going direct to its D/A.