pure ipod dock

I have to tell you this dock is absolutely great. After 3 days it gets better and the built-in dac pretty dam good. Makes my ipod a new source in the living room. Even in the he-man room not too shabby. Also bypassing the internal dac and using an ACK or any non over sampling dac I had it sounded better. Plugging into a linn sc player sounded very good and so easy to use . The video output is very cool, a great extra. I never though I would say it but at $100 it rocks blows the I 70 out of the water. A keeper
coffee2
Most of what I listen to on the ipad is copies of my vinyl, ripped to cd and then to Itunes at apple lossless resolution. I didnt know there was a way to have everything at the same volume. Of course, now somehow my entire itunes library disappeared from my computer, and itunes will not sync with my ipad because it says it is synced to another version of itunes. Havent figured out what to do with that yet.
i think in playback in preferences there is a "sound check" option that makes all output volume equal. still researching this so i,m not saying it is the final word. i would call an apple store about where to go about solving your question concerning the ipad. good luck.
The sound check feature reduces sound quality to my ears. I just deal with having to adjust volume.
How does this improve upon the actual iPod dock? I've been using the iPhone compatible dock and can only imagine the possibilities for improvement.