Would adding a Dac improve the sound for my setup?

My system consists of Cary sli80 and audio aero prima mkII cd player. It is older model with the cd tray on the left. I'm looking for a Dac in $1000 range, like Burson Audio, MDHT Havana, TDAC or Rega Dac. My question is by adding one of this Dac does it improve the sound or simply moving sideway?
rbc
I bought the Rega DAC a few weeks ago. It was a huge upgrade over my Rotel CDP. I'm loving it. Some say it rivals the Rega Saturn, but for way less $$$
Without the benefits of having heard any of your components, a do know from personal experience that upgrading your DAC is one of the best bang for the buck moves you can make, so you would probably get a big boost out of a new $1,000 DAC.

Another suggestion is power conditioning. My best spend $1200 in audio in 2010 was a ps audio powerplant premier. These units will be hitting the used market in high volumes now that PS audio has released the new P5 model. You should be able to pick one up for $1,000.
I just replace my signalcable with My Audio Cable Paradise power cord costing only $200 which connects wall to the conditioner for my cd player. The improvement is immediate and I'm sure a better conditioner will improve the soundstage. Having said that I still think room treatment will yield the most improvement in soundstage.