SHM SACD's need to be burned in

I recently purchased Aja on a SHM sacd. I have never purchased any single disc at this price,but the chance of aquiring one of my favorite albums on SACD made me go for it.
I was so excited the day it arrived. I warmed up my system for a half an hour and popped it in. WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT!
The bass was bloated and the highs rolled off. It was inferior to my two redbook copies sonically(MFSL ultradisc and 1999 remaster).
I went on various forums to see if others had the same opinion as mine. To my surprise what I gathered was that playing these SHM SACD's about ten times to burn in improves the sound. I didn't beieve it but I had the disc already so .....
I played it on repeat on my cdp for two days straight. I then warmed up my system the same way and expected little change.
Much to my surprise the base tighten up,the highs improved and the soundstage organised itself. If I hadn't heard this for myself I never would have believed it.The mofi wasn't in the ballpark anymore!
Anyone else with a simular experience?

Regards,
montejay
Hi Alex,
i trust only what I heard, and have no explaination for it.
I never said the disc went from dull to crystal clear analog sounding. I said it went from inferior to my mofi edition of it (not an amazing cd by any means)to now clearly superior.I was also able to pin point some of the changes I heard and attempt to convey them.
I still have quite a few sacd that are superior sonically to this SHM
In my research, I am not the only one to experience a sonic change with regards to the SHM sacd. Some theries put forth feel its the new materials used to produce the product.
If there exist cd enhancers (nats.markers, footings, power chords, and liquids)that alter the signature of a cd, why can't heat from repeated plays alter the sonics of the new materials being used as well?
Lots of people are flaming me for OP but no one has explained why it is impossible.

Regards,
Thanks Bar81. I thought they were all single layer.Appreciate the confirmation.
The op of this thread concerned SHM SACD`s only with the Steely Dan Aja SACD in particular.

Regards,

Hi Montejay,

Lots of people are flaming me for OP but no one has explained why it is impossible.

With my earlier post I did not try to "flame" you but to explain why it is impossible.

Best,
Alex Peychev
Montejay - For there to be an audible difference after break in that is a result from something happening to the disk it means the laser somehow physically altered the disk. If the laser was somehow changing the disk then there's nothing that would keep it from continuing the change, thus degrading the disk over time. Has anyone noticed that these disks continue to have a changing sound or the long haul?

The only other thing that really happens to the disk is that it is spinning. I can't think of a reason that spinning a disk would change it's physical properties.

Do you have any ideas as to how it is possible?
Mceljo,Why does it have to be specifically the laser (it may be)and not heat.Perhaps there is some coating that burns off. The SHM use material that has never been used before in other disc so this is new territory. I am sure you have tweaked your system at one time or another and couldn`t explain why the sonics changed, just that they did.
That being said,I haven`t noticed any change since the burning in process(repeat for two days straight).It has only been played about 5 times since then. The only person who heard the disc when new,will be borrowing it tomorrow. I am very interested in his opinion.He may very well say `no change`
Please note to all,
I never heard this before on any other disc.
I currently own only one SHM SACD with 3 more on order.
I have a very simple and resolving system that is a excellent tool to determine how different sources, wires, or cables affect the over all sound.
I have no explaination.
I stand by what I heard.

Regards,