Vibration Theory - Isolate or Drain?

Given that a CD Player or Transport has quite a bit of internally generated energy from the motor, is it best ti deal with vibration issues by coupling the player to a surface with spikes or cones? or decouple the player from the surface beneath it with spongy materials? Any consensus on the best approach here?
pubul57
Post removed 
You will not get a consensus here. FWIW IMHO things like sorbothane are far more efficient in absorbing energy and does so much closer to the source of the vibration than other things used. Conversely transmitting the vibrations thru metal cones, etc, to other hard surfaces only delays the dissipation thereby aggregating its effects. All of this of course depends on whether you believe the 'drain theory' is more than just a theory. Consider that some believe that the vibration when it occurs does the damage to the sound at that time and there is no real remedy. I suppose if your component can actually store (build up) the effect of the vibrations it might be important. But if it can actually store energy at what point would the stored energy reach a point of destruction? Another question, when we discuss the 'drain theory' does it make any difference at what frequency the resonance (vibration) occurs? If so, does that affect the nature of the materiel you use to help dissipate the resonance?

This is why you will get no consensus. Hell, I can't even agree with myself! :-)