what is the best, least costly DAC...?

What is the best, least costly DAC which handles 96kz, 24 bit, with apodizing filter and asyncronous timing to improve upon RAM modified, REGA Saturn CDP analouge out playing complex,at times loud, prog-rock? Also, if it doesen't have USB input, please reccommend the best, least costly USB/SFDIF converter as I intend to play hi-rez files from pc.
i8on
Once again...this is a highly subjective hobbie...and I have always found Rega CDPs to be kind of "grey" and void of colour...the polar opposite of their turntables in terms of PRAT, etc...in a nutshell...dull and boring!...cant comment on the v-dac but worth a shot for the price...
Phasecorrect,

Very interesting hobby indeed. I've not found that with Rega CDPs, but have found what you describe with Rega amplification, mainly the Mira and Brio (all generations). Have you heard their CDPs without their integrateds?
Have heard Rega amps on numerous times...and yes...they are a bit bland as well...
Didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. I just think the product sounds good. Sorry for the enthusiasm.
Trebejo, I wish I was as smart as you and could know how something I hadn't heard sounded. After 50 years in Audio I have learned that the SOUND and not the COST is the important thing. Is what I am using logical? No. Does it sound good? Yes. Do I recommend it for everyone? Of course not! I was describing the sound I get in my own system. I paid $700 for the Transparent, a totally ridiculous sum for a piece of wire; but the system sounds better using it. Should I only use it with my other DAC, a much more expensive model? My point was that the V-DAC is not embarrassed in fairly high end company; my system is posted if anyone is curious.The V-DAC received the same rating from HIFICRITIC as a $10,000 Dac from a high end company that is highly regarded. Perhaps with more experience in audio you will learn that insults are no substitute for knowledge.