Ayon CD2 is AMAZING

Guys,

Received my CD-2 on Friday and I'm still amazed and the unit has only about 20 hours. The soundstage extends beyond the boundaries of the speakers with palpable images you can almost touch. The Rega/Bryston combo is good but the CD2 is in another league. This unit captures the ambiance and nuances of the recorded venue with ease. I know layering and depth will come when the units has been run in and I'm looking forward to that day!

I'm definitely happy with my purchase
128x128wig
Initially Ayon mislead people(imo)into believing the units were made in Austria when in fact they were only assembled in Austria. Exactly to what degree are they assembled? I don't know and neither do you.Ayon knows but they aren't saying.What percentage is it? It has been my experience when a company does this they are trying to hide something.This is the reason why there are those who believe much of the unit is manufactured in China and finally assembly takes place in Austria.Again, is this true? I don't know but I strongly suspect this is the case.
Audio companies source their parts from all over the world. You would have to be quite naive to think that Mcintosh, AR, Ayon, VAC, Lamm all get their parts from the country that they have their manufacturing facility in. Ayon is no different, they source their parts globally and build the units in Austria. Ayon bashing is not going to work, they are a leader in this hobby, they make great gear and they are not going anywhere. On the contrary, they are overtaking the heavy hitters in audio.
Interesting how threads can always slip topics, though not always to ill effect.

I can understand how WIG's experience with the use of the Berkely vs. Ayon 2 could persuade him not to go with the 5S. If he felt like the CD 2 had a tendency to be bright and forward, it could be easily thought that this is a house sound, and though the CD 5S is assuredly much better given the price difference, the Berkely DAC seemed to counteract that for him. It is probably less financial investment, with a pleasing result, which is something we are always looking for here. That said, I would love to hear a 5s in my system....
One thing that bothers me about Ayon -- besides the sound -- is the fact that it spends a fortune on advertising and on chassis work that makes the company the supposed "Bugatti of Audio", but it has no dealers in the US. Why is this? I suspect Ayon doesn't want to go head to head with other brands in dealer showrooms. While it might work for Ayon, it is not for the benefit of audiophiles who have to buy the unit from on-line retailers or used "sound unheard". Personally, if I could have listened to the Ayon CD-2 at a dealer like Stereo Exchange in New York, I would have known to stay away from Ayon to begin with.
When I bought my Ayon gear, I went to Acoustic Image in LA. I called Ayon and they emailed me a list with 42 dealers. Ayon owners love their equipment and this Ayon bashing is really weird. Who are you guys, ayons competition?