Ayon CD2 is AMAZING

Guys,

Received my CD-2 on Friday and I'm still amazed and the unit has only about 20 hours. The soundstage extends beyond the boundaries of the speakers with palpable images you can almost touch. The Rega/Bryston combo is good but the CD2 is in another league. This unit captures the ambiance and nuances of the recorded venue with ease. I know layering and depth will come when the units has been run in and I'm looking forward to that day!

I'm definitely happy with my purchase
128x128wig
I'm going to give the pre a go within a few days and man will I be sad if I have to sell my Belles 21A modified unit.
Hi all,
Being CD2 owners, I'm sure you did your homework :-)
My question is what's difference between CD-2 and CD-3 ?
I don't find much review on CD-3 (obsoleted from Ayon webpage)- I believe CD-3 has tube-rectifier power supply module (2 pieces) ans assume CD-3 would be superior ?
Thanks
Thuan
The CD3 was a two box unit, with a separate power supply. Ayon has since done away with the two box pieces, and the CD2 should be a significant upgrade over the CD3. Schroeder's review claims the CD2 to be "at least a 15% upgrade over the CD3." It uses the same four 6H30 tubes in the CD3. The kicker was that Ayon reduced the price of the CD2 from that of the CD3.