PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC without the transport

I am eagerly awaiting release of the bridge and lens and plan to get the whole turnkey PS Audio music server package once it comes out. I was wondering if it is worthwile to get the DAC earlier and use it with my digital transport (using Marantz UD9004). All I read about is the PS Audio DACs performance when used with the PWT. Is anyone using just the DAC with other transport over S/DIF and how good is it? I am currently using the Xtreme DAC card in my Theta casablanca III.
edorr
no doubt Steve. the bridge is a game changer imho and a true joy to use. access to every single song in my 1200+ collection is at my finger tips. am listening to stuff i forgot i even had. the word "priceless" comes to mind. there is no turning back for me.

hope all is well buddy.

cheers
Lev
I don't seem to be in the majority, but I much prefer the PWD/Bridge combo to the PWD/PWT. More pure and open sounding to me, just slightly less veiled. Once I got the bridge, I sold the PWT. Just sounded plain better in my system IMHO.

Think about it, when you use the Bridge, you are removing the sonic influence of the digital connecting cable between the PWT and PWD, the power cord of the PWT, and vibration of the transport (or any anti-vibrational tweaks used). Simplify and you are normally rewarded.
04-25-11: Mekong56
Think about it, when you use the Bridge, you are removing the sonic influence of the digital connecting cable between the PWT and PWD...

The connection of your music server to the PW DAC/Bridge is either via wifi router or hardwired ethernet cable. The Is2 connection between the PWT and the PWD is superior to that. Your assertion doesn't hold water, imo.
Goes to show that no amount of engineering can take the voodoo out of high-end audio, and the only way to make good buying decisions is to listen to your favorite recordings after 5 rum and cokes and trust your subjective and fatally biased instincts (works for me all the time).
04-26-11: Rockitman
"The connection of your music server to the PW DAC/Bridge is either via wifi router or hardwired ethernet cable. The Is2 connection between the PWT and the PWD is superior to that. Your assertion doesn't hold water, imo."

Rockitman-
I am only asserting what my ears tell me, not really anything more. It just sounds better in my system IMO. My point about taking the power cord, HDMI cable, and vibration of the PWT out of the equation is speculation on my part as to why I think it sounds better to me with the Bridge.

If the the Is2 is really superior, why does Paul McGowan himself say they should sound identical (PWT/PWD vs PWD/Bridge)? Maybe from a technical standpoint it is superior to ethernet, which I am not knowledgeable enough to argue one way or the other. Technical superiority often does not translate into things you can actually hear.