emm labs dac2se vs puccini

For those who want to know I just a/b'd the dac2se with using the usb computer out vs the dcs puccini on red book cd's. Not one iota of difference to be heard. I even had people in the room who were interested in the comparison and not one of them heard a difference. Great soundstage on both. Although I did not have the tsd1 to play SACD's I listened to the puccini on SACD's and it did sound amazing!!!
128x128topfinadv
From my experience if you compare dCS, EMM, and Esoteric it is very hard to say one is better than the other - they are all outstanding and would be suspect of those that claim huge differences and that one is clearly superior (none of these pieces kill the others), not that you might not have a preference, but that can just as easily be attributed to personal taste, recordings, system context, and room accoustics - I'm not surprised by your findings. I personally like EMM, but I respect those that prefer the others; but not defintive claims of superiority.
i agree. People that claim to hear differences own one brand over the other so they are somewhat prejudice when they listen.
ABX is a tricky test. It can easily trick your mind. The only way to test it a long term listening. Listen for a few days, and the change to the other one. The differences will be plainly audible.