How to fix my detailed, accurate but BRIGHT system

Hi everyone, I need help. I like my system in that the base is tight, it has good detail, it's dead quiet and it plays well at higher volumes. What I don't like is the mids and highs are way to forward and the system is lacking warmth. I don't feel my system is very musical or engaging. I'd rather not replace my amp and speakers as I think they are a good match and I don't think I can use a tube amp as these speakers are hungry. I have a large room 22'x38' with a 17' ceiling. I have a lot of glass and all tile floors. Room treatment is not an option as this is our main living space. Should I try a tube DAC, Tube Pre., tube Buffer? How do I warm up the sound I'm getting? My system consists of the following.

Rowland Capri Pre.
Butler 2250 SS/Tube amp
PS Audio Digilink 3 Dac with stage 3 mod.
Aerial 7B speakers
Integra DPS-6.7 DVD/SACD
Wadia 170i (files in lossless)

Thank You in advance for your input!
gregfisk
if i had to guess, you have some issues with your room. it may not fix all your concerns but i am certain it will address some. i also have my stuff in the living room so rather than traditional treatments, i have heavy velvet floor to ceiling drapes, a thick rug and over sized fabric couches. it is amazing what these types of "treatments" can do, especially the drapes.

if it were me, i would start with that type of action before adding or subtracting gear.
My guess is you need more soft absorbing material to offset all the glass and hard surfaces..Heavier Curtains,Large Area Rug ,possibly Tapestry behind the speakers..This can be done very nicely to fit in the room..Actually soften a hard looking/sounding room....Bottom line that could be your first line of attack..Probablly the cheapest too....
Although the Rowland Capri is a fine preamp... I have found that systems with tube pre and solid state amps with be more musical and warm. Tube buffers will only be a band aid and may even make the sound worse. Matching tube gear to solid state can be a touchy job. I am sure you spent much time in evaluating gear before you made the purchases, thats the down side! If I was you I would take a second look and my needs,then think seriously think about some changes that make sense. Thats the up side.

Good Luck

Good Luck
I agree with the above recommendations. You don't have to buy audiophile room treatments, but you need to address some of the reflecting surfaces in your room. Glass, tile, and good sound wont happen, until you add some absorption in your room. When you say glass, I'm assuming you're referring to windows and not mirrors.

I wouldn't waste your money buying different equipment either, until you fix your room problems. All you need is an area rug in front of the speakers, and some thick drapes over the glass, and you can close the drapes for listening and then open them, when you're done.

What is the distance the speakers are from the front and side walls?

Rich