Great Interview-

Another great  Rick Beato interview. However at 46 minutes in the discussion touches upon how high end home audio is a complete waste of money.

Whats interesting is ...Bonamassa has an incredible guitar and guitar amp collection worth millions...but he and Rick think that high end audio gear is a complete waste of money. Why do musicians look down upon high end audio gear ? I don't get it.

krelldog

Any musician who has played or fronted a rock/blues band over the years must have suffered some loss of hearing, I would have thought. Attended an early Cream gig in a smallish hall with 750 watts per side from stacked Marshalls - truly deafening for us in the audience, not surprised that Ginger Baker could'nt hear what he was playng !!!

One of Beato's videos was about why he was going to release his next album only as 320 kbs mp3, since you can't hear the difference between that and any higher resolution.  

And if you've ever been to a Bonnamassa concert, the sound quality is as bad as it gets anywhere.

While it is true that most musicians don't care that much about sound quality,  those two care even less than most musicians. Their opinion on high end audio is about as valid as my opinion is on the Stanley Cup--is that the hockey thing?

Selling Audio at the Retail level in the late 70’s and early 80’s… Musicians had the Worst taste in equipment. They either went for Entry Level or Cerwin Vegas… complete waste of your time…

I guess nothing has changed???

Nothing comes close to live

I beg to differ. I’ve heard many concerts live that sounded awful, too loud, or unbalanced. That includes acoustic concerts in spaces that were not right.