Very airy sounding player under 1K used?

I'm looking for a used player 1K budget. I want a very open airy sound, a deep soundstage without being lean in the bass department.
For redbook playback only.

I have tried a rega apollo.

It would be nice to have balanced outputs.
him
I owned an MF A5 for several years. You certainly are on target with that pick. Bass is very taught, tuneful, rhythmic with a good dose of dynamic contrasts. Plenty airy, with a deep layered soundstage.

Good luck
DECWARE ZCD CD Player. This is a highly moded Tascam 160 mk2 with class a tube output and tube power supply with detacable ac.
Just type in Decware and you can see potos about it.
A really transparent machine wit alot of top end air.
Reb1208, have you facts to back up your statement about no solid state pre/cd combo will deliver the goods in the air department? Have you listened to every possible configuration? I find it hard to believe a statement such as yours can be substantiated. Is it possible you just don't like solid state? Please clear this up for me.
I own a solid state amplifier. What I posted here about "airy" digital is my opinion. IME, I prefer the air and instrumental separation of tube pre-amp vs solid state. I also said at the very least a tube pre-amp is needed to deliver the "air". I myself run a solid state phonostage thru a tube pre-amp. For digital, I prefer that source to also use tubes in the signal path. That's about as clear as I can state my opinion on this topic. If you want facts, then look at the specs in your owners manual.