Power cords: does length matter?

This is a serious question, however if you don’t believe that anything about power cords matter, and you feel the need to make a joke out of the question, feel free.

Anyway: I have noted that all the stock power cords that have been provided by the manufacturers for my equipment are about six feet long. After looking at various aftermarket power cords on the internet, I note that they can be ordered in various lengths from one meter on up.

I would think that the shortest possible power cord in any given application would be desirable (meaning one meter if it would work), but I find that a lot of notions I had about things like this are often wrong (such as what I very recently posted on misc about manually tripping breakers to protect components). So am I also mistaken about selecting lengths of power cords?

TIA for any and all legitimate consideration and answers to this question, and to all others, enjoy the laughs.

immatthewj
Post removed 

If you can discern a difference between a 6 foot and 12 foot power cord you are God's gift to humanity .

Although I think a case can be made for good shielding a power cord to reduce electronic interference along its journey from the outlet .

Also I would opt for 10 gauge all the time just to make sure there's plenty of pipe room in those moments where Power demand needed but no one is able to really know for sure.

Also as you may have guessed in this hobby you feel better when you spend more money otherwise you'll always wonder should I've spent more money on something maybe it would've sounded better and by spending more money you eliminate that thought. That's a really important consideration.

If everything else fails and you're still unhappy you can buy a puppy and if you get bitten there are those that believe it's OK to shoot it. 

@ghdprentice  Yes I did have 2 - 2 m HC Dragon and 2 - 1 m HC Dragon PCs. One of my dedicated outlets for my amp is about 1.5 m away and the other dedicated outlet is about 3/4 m  away from my other amp. At first I tried both 2 m HC Dragon PCs on both amps. Had them hooked up for about a month. Then I used a 1m for the one amp that was about 3/4 away from 1 amp and continued to use the 2 m for the other amp. Had them hooked up for about another month. Both sounded exactly the same as having both 2m. But we are also talking about the AC Dragons HC. The top of the lines from AQ.