Woodworkers ?

Anyone have an idea on how to remove a couple of hairline scratches in the cherry veneer of my EPOS ES 12's ? I tried a little lemon oil and that didn't do the trick.

Thanks in advance. Pete.
prfont
there's an english product worth trying called BRIWAX. i found it in my u.s.a. hardware store. it's a wax and stain combined and comes in a variety of wood finishes. here's the directions from the can: "apply briwax using a lint free cloth or 0000 steel wool thoroughly working the wax into the grain. once dry, buff to desired finish using a soft dry cloth." i've had impressive results using it on dirty wood floors and antique furniture.

but as suggested earlier, for uniform results you might want to do the entire cabinets. the stuff's messy too, so protect your drivers!
I don't know if this will work with the Cherry, but I have used the raw meat of a walnut to rub out small scratches from darker furniture. Just rub the walnut meat (obviously not the shell) into the scratch and rub out with a polishing cloth. It wouldn't hurt to try it.
NO NO NO NO NO! I'm no expert on audio, just have opinions, but I restore, repair and reproduce antiques for a living.
No sandpapers, oils, colognes or preparation H!
Find a woodworkers store like Woodcraft or Constantines or Garrett Wade. If none local, they're on the web. You want colored resin sticks by a company called Mohawk. They sell a complete finishing kit caled Concept 2000 geared toward DIY'ers. You find the right color, probably have to mix several sticks and melt the shellac into the scratch.We use a special iron, you could use a soldering iron and sacrifice a tip. The kit has "plane balm" you put on your finger to protect it as you smooth the repair. The sticks flow so well, however, you can usually skip this step. The kit also has a special little plane for removing the excess resin but the back of a very sharp chisel works as well. Then smooth the repair with a hard felt pad or 600 grit wet n dry using VM&P Naptha as a lubricant. Try to stay away from the non-damaged area as much as possible. Mist on (from 18") a few coats of lacquer, Krylon is okay. That should blend the repair. Don't overdo the lacquer, you just want to blend. Practice away from the workpiece. The materials will cost about $80.
Are Epos speakers expensive? You might get the repair done for $150 by a refinisher. If they are really expensive, look for a conservator. Antique dealers know who's good.
Good luck and let me know how it turns out. BTW, after all that, if the repair is out of the way, even us conservator's have been known to use a Minwax blend pencil or even a magic marker followed by a little of the wife's hairspray!
WOW ! What an amazing range of responses. I picked up a minwax blend pencil at lunch and am going to give that a try. Fortunately, I have two scatches, one on the underside of the speaker and one on top. I'll experiment with the one on the bottom first and see how it goes. Luckily, I am not a perfectionist. I'll be sure to do this after a few glasses of wine and report back in the AM. Thanks.