Apple TV vs Wadia 170i?

Which one u prefer????
joonyl
I would have to go with the Apple TV. I believe it offers a higher quality of sound and an overall better listening experience.
I do not believe the Apple TV allows access to the direct digital feed of the ipod prior to it's D-A conversion. The advantage of the Wadia 170i is that it accesses the music files before they are converted by the ipod d-a converter and they can then be converted by a DAC.
Roccoriley, that's not correct. The AppleTV does not use an iPod at all. It takes the file directly off of the hard drive of the computer holding the iTunes account. So it absolutely can be processed then by an external DAC, or use the internal DAC of the AppleTV. Most AppleTV users, such as myself take the base digital music files and have them processed by an external DAC.
Even this is quite an old thread, the same question does pop up every now and then, so I would like to put in my $0.02 here:

The Apple TV apparently streams music from the computer using WiFi (Wireless N). Doesn't that mean you need to have your computer on all the time?

Secondly, Apple TV only supports Toslink Optical (not AT&T Glass) which tends to be inferior to digital coax, isn't it?

Other than price point and flexibility, I don't see Apple TV beats out Wadia 170 on paper. 170i's clock issue and cheap RCA outs do concern me somewhat.