Apple Lossless vs iTunes Plus

Any audible difference between the two? I only buy/import from CD's in Apple Lossless but I would like to stop buying CD's.
sakahara
Sfar

You said:
“With drives costing $100 per terabyte right now everyone should have a second drive that mirrors the regular storage drive.”

Would you mind telling me where I can get a 1TB drive for $100?... internal or external?

I’ve yet to see that much acreage for that little $$$. Definitely not with eSATA drives… I'd sure be interested in it. Thanks much.
For those of you who don't live in a major metro or prefer to shop by mail:

newegg dot come

outpost dot com
Ckorody - it is only in the ads that Agon does not allow hyperlinks. You don't need to fly stealth in the forums:

Newegg
Outpost

Terabyte drives have a reputation of being slow and unreliable and are usually two or more 500gb platters/drives housed in a single box. I work in photography and graphic arts and no one uses those drives as reliable backup because of that reputation. Is your library really that large, or are you backing up other stuff as well? I'd suggest a mirrored RAID solution like this one (about $369 street) where you can swop out the SATA drives very easily and inexpensively. There are other options in that same price bracket as well. My friend has been using this one for about 6 months and is so far very happy with it. I'm still doing a mirrored back up manually with two separate 500gb drives.
Correction; a 1TB Rocraid is currently just under $300 at Amazon They also have a 1.5TB and 2TB version for not much more $.