Sonicweld or M2Tech hiFace usb to spdif converter

I'm diving into the PC audio arena and need a good interface between my PC and Esoteric D-03 DAC. I've looked at these and the Off Ramp by Emphiracle Audio.

Any suggestions on these?
roor
Thanks ..... $2800 for a converter?

Absolutely, something besides fish in Denmark were rotten with that review of the Hiface USB converter over at CA. There were litterally thousands of positive accounts, and several posted ah, hem, 'pro' online mag reviews saying quite positive things about the gizmo and the answers from the usually in depth and articulate techically slanted CA author merely let rudimentary questions go unaswered or remain ignored.... like did you try another unit given your findings were so adverse to so many other positive accounts, as that one might have been wrong or somehow poorly made or broken??

As inexpensive as these M2Tech converters are with respect to many others out there it would seem a no brainer to have requested a second unit.... or sought out the reason for such adverse findings elsewhere in the setup

neither of the above however were adequately accounted for.

personally, on the heels of the glowing rave about the Hallide Bridge affair, it seems a tuff enough act to follow and then say the < $200 Hiface was a world beater of a bargain.

But more than that episode doesn't make sense there quite often in those reviews. IMO.

had I not posted an account or review of the Lynx AES 16 PCI xpress card regularly used as 'the ref' converter of choice.... there wouldn't be one still.

Seems an odd thing to me to not properly qualify a refference piece, AND one listed on the 'recomended parts list'. Everything else there was reviewed.

if nothing else it makes one say, "Hmmmmmmmmmm..."

RE 'Weld'
congrats on whomever came up with that idea. Sell 10 a year and ya got a great part time income. 3 grand for a USB converter. LOL

I think I'd rather give that $3K or so to Mr. Rankin, Mr. Weiss, etc, for their stuff instead and get more value for the money.

Good. That's one less item to investigate.

Again, thanks much.
No problem :) It is all in the sound quality of the unit. The Diverter is worth every peeny as a reference device... gotta pay to play... :)

I feel that it is not out of place with my other gear and certainly raises the quality of the sound I am hearing.
Best one i have heard is the Weiss INT203 although that is a Firewire to spdif converter.