Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

Since we are talking about this brand

what do they do differently that a zillion other companies dont already do

what new technologies have they implemented? Design wise they look plane jane and completely uninteresting

is there anything unique about this line of speakers? Do they do ANYTHING special in this ultra saturated martket, or are they just another of many

@questforhifi hearing is believing.....These speakers do many things that speakers twice the price don't.  The new X1 sounds so much bigger than a "bookshelf" type of speaker with such a "live" sound that the artist appears to be coming from the middle of the room.  There is an unmistakeable three dimensional sound that creates a connection to the music.  Imaging and tonality is realistic not muddy or oversaturated.  So, for me, hearing the X1 for the first time led me to make a purchase on the spot with @nextlevelhifi.  I have spent significant time over the past 2 1/2 years listening to bookshelf speakers from as many manufacturer's as possible all over the country and at this price point nothing comes close. The closest sound in this approximate size is $16k based on what I have heard.

I encourage you to take a listen.

It's interesting to read the suspicious comments from people that likely never these speakers.  There are many design factors that interest me such as the dipole ribbon tweeter is the same device that Borresen uses in their $550k M6. I also want to hear the bass that a pair of 4.5" drivers can produce and the effect that 6 ports have.

For those of you that like to criticize everything before you audition them, please let us know in the 1st sentence of your post to save the rest of us review time.

Well said.....Some of these posters are just plain ignorant and just trying to put down items that they know nothing about and never experienced. They start to get a reputation on AG for poo-pooing everything that's exciting for the rest of us. They are too stupid to realize that after a while the rest of us , that are here to experience  new items and new ideas, loose respect for any dribble they profess....and eventually they are laughed out of here and lose all credibility as someone who can actually add something genuine to these forums.

I heard the Borresen 01's at The Show in LA last year in Next Level's room.  I have never heard such a soundstage.  It was endlessly wide, tall and deep.  The spatial illusion was completely mesmerizing.  Perhaps the best sound I have ever heard.  I ended up buying the Borresen 03's from Tyler at Next Level a couple of months later.  I run them with Ayre Acoustic MXR monos, and QX-5 streaming preamp.  The system sounds amazing at home, although not quite as amazing as Next Level's demo in that small hotel room.