Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

“Us older philes had a negative view of tone controls and qualizers because the older analog versions messed up the image and added distortion. DIgital versions do not do this.”

neither do high end studio analog EQs

Had my post deleted ok Dude!  Looks like your conversation is very one dimensional, you.

Enjoy it. 

No worries. Others are talking when they have time, and I’ve asked plenty of questions, so hardly one dimensional. Sorry to offend. Just really meant the stream is in a different place than it started. Namely, lovers of EQ and their differing approaches. Cheers!

Well it’s been a full day of listening to my system with my new McIntosh MQ112 and I have to say I ABSOLUTELY love it. This is exactly what I was missing and needed for myself. As I said for myself and my listening and hearing tastes in sound. Every time I play CDs I find myself saying what a difference in sound quality in some recording that were too high in frequencies that now I can simply adjust with a knob. Even great recordings can sound even better. What I also really love is that TILT feature knob. It’s a quick fix without even adjusting any other frequency knobs. Plus then if u want and need to can fine tweak the tilt knob with the other 8 band frequencies. I also find myself not getting up and down as often as I thought without a remote but many times once I have adjusted some frequency it is very good for many CDs or recordings. I have to say I give this MQ112 a big thumbs up 👍. It’s also a very nice addition in my system. I also added new photos and updates on my system profile. Check ‘em out.