Have you found your "End-Game" speakers yet? I have. And it feels so good!!!

Yes indeed.  Several years ago, the absolutely incredible Revel Salon 2 speakers finally took me off the speaker merry-go-round.  I do believe that I'll be taking my Revel Salon 2 speakers to the grave with me.  What's your end-game speakers?

kennymacc

I have the "end game" that I can afford, Dynaudio Confidence C1 Platinum. I abosultely love them. But if money were no object, I would definitely get into a pair of Børresen 01 Silver Supreme Edition. The most amazing sounding speaker I have ever heard at AXPONA. But I don't have $60k for a stand mount speaker. 

@kennymacc Congratulations on finding your endgame speakers. What a joy to complete a big equipment search and move on to the music again!

+1 Reference 3A mm de Capo

I’ve been drawn all my life to time aligned speaker designs using simple crossovers. My first high end speakers were Spica T50s, which I loved driven by Counterpoint tube pre and amp. I had Mike Elliot upgrade the Counterpoint components, which I kept until we moved 10 years ago to a high rise condo where my listening room is too small for all the components of a separates system. I’ve owned Thiel and Vandersteen speakers, both time-aligned designs that, to my ear, outperformed all the traditional box speakers I experimented with in the 30 years I ran the Counterpoints. Maggie 1.6s and a pair of heavily modified Oscar Heil designed ESS Transars sounded wonderful with my electronics, but I always found myself returning to various Vandersteens.

When I moved 10 years ago, I spent an intense weekend at AXPONA looking for my new system. I needed a single box solution, with integrated DAC and phono stage. Although full function integrated amps are commonplace these days, the only two with audiophile chops available at the time were the Devialet and Vinnie Rossi. I bought the Devialet show unit and late Sunday afternoon took it up to the Reference 3A room where Tash Goka allowed me opportunity to listen to it drive the mm de capos, my favorite bookshelves at the show. To my ear, the combo sings beautifully and I brought it home. In time, I grew frustrated with the phono section in the Devialet and made room on my small rack for a dedicated phono section. I’m tinkering with phono sections still (mostly because I love the audiophile hobby and like exploring and experimenting), but I’m fully satisfied with the time aligned, no crossover de capos, which I currently expect will be my last speakers, not because they are the best on the planet, but because they suit my personal sound preferences and match well with my electronics, and because I have come to terms with the reality that my listening room will not accommodate a system that can handle effectively the most demanding of musical passages. In my case, end game speakers is not the acquisition of the very finest speakers made, but rather the identification and acquisition of a pair of speakers that matches my sonic preferences and works in the room in which they play. Life is compromise: we love our new pad and for 95% of the music I love, I fully enjoy my listening room and system with the Reference 3A mm de capo speakers. I daresay they fit my needs perfectly.

Wharfedale Lintons. Got me off the speaker merry-go-round years ago and I am still very happy with them. Still can't imagine wanting to "upgrade."

I owned a pair of Martin Logan Monoliths, but wanted a more in your face sound. Purchased a pair of Wilson Maxx II’s and love them. My son recently purchased a pair of Martin Logan’s, now I’m missing mine. I have a pair of Klipschorns just taking up space. Thinking about getting a couple tube monoblocks for them.