Esoteric Players: No Digital Input. WTF?

Am I the only one who wonders WTF Esoteric is thinking with not putting a digital input on their high-end players? (ie. the X03 SE)

I would love to have the option to try out an Esoteric player, but no digital input means no deal for me, as I sometimes play CDs, and sometimes send in computer audio. (Itunes can now be seamlessly controlled with an Iphone BTW)

Where is the digital input Esoteric? Why is it missing?
goatwuss
Goat,

What does WTF mean?

Bad hair day
Cranky
Over reaction

I know, a kool talker because that little F Word showes authority.
11-25-08: Tarsando said:
"Very, very few players have digital in. It's digital out that makes the most sense. Connect your ipod directly, wtf?"

Actually, you don't connect your iPod directly, instead you use a Wadia 170i to bypass the iPod's DAC and then run it into the digital-input of a high quality DAC. The results are amazingly good.

There are plenty of players with digital inputs. My thought, particularly when you get into the high-bucks range of Esoteric, Emm, Playback Designs, etc. I want to be able to use the included very nice DAC for a wide range of sources.

Dave
Eactly my point Metralla, a DAC2 is a DAC, not a CDP. We're talking about expensive CDPs lacking digital inputs.

Dave