Esoteric Players: No Digital Input. WTF?

Am I the only one who wonders WTF Esoteric is thinking with not putting a digital input on their high-end players? (ie. the X03 SE)

I would love to have the option to try out an Esoteric player, but no digital input means no deal for me, as I sometimes play CDs, and sometimes send in computer audio. (Itunes can now be seamlessly controlled with an Iphone BTW)

Where is the digital input Esoteric? Why is it missing?
goatwuss
F&A... Every high end SACD player should have a digital in... even before redbook. And how about a USB in that does I2S conversion.
Undeniably TEAC Esoteric is rather conservative. . . yet, you should expect by CES time TEAC to introduce a version of the D-03 DAC that supports at least USB input. . . I do not remember about Ethernet. . . . after that, 'tis probably going to be gradual trickle down technology to the more affordable players.
Actually, G, there could also be some Esoteric trickle-up next year as they may go to 32-bit AKM Dacs in the D-03, which they currently use in the D-05. I believe there are some capacity/bandwith issues involved, or something like that. As you can tell, not an engineer...............

FYI - It also looks like APL HiFi will be coming out with 32-bit DAC boxes early next year as well - haven't heard one, but if they are anything like his Denon and Esoteric pieces, they should be very good.
11-25-08 Dcstep writes:
I wonder sometimes is Esoteric and Emm are worried about cutting into their separate DAC and clock sales. It's just something that pops into my mind as I consider various CD/SACD player options. When you're spending lots of money it's nice to get complete functionality out of all the parts.

The latest DAC2 Stereo D/A Converter from emmLabs has the following inputs: AES/EBU, USB Audio, SPDIF Coax, 2 x S/PDIF Toslink and the EMM Link.

Regards,