Audio Research Ref: CD8

I understand from speaking to Audio Research there is a CD8 now. CD8 has an upgraded power supply and DAC from the CD7. I have my CD7 at ARC for the power supply upgrade now.

Does anyone know more about the CD8?
wsill
The two 6h30 problem drift was solved with an upgrade kit that was fitted by my distributor free of charge, after I noticed some hum in the CD output when used in single ended mode. This was traced to a defective 6h30, but after this upgrade I had no more problems. Before parting with the old CD7 I checked the tubes - after 2500 hours they still measured as new.
Although the CD8 is still burning-in, one thing is sure - bass is better articulated and more controlled. Three walls in my room are 2 feet wide solid stone and there is almost no bass absorption. As I am currently using Soundab A1PXs, bass performance is critical and the difference between the two players is easily noticed.
For those who made the CD7 upgrade. Mine was already upgraded with a board on top of the two 6H30s slots. I had to change 4 resistors on the board, add one, put the board and installed two new 6h30.

I heard the 5881 upgrade the tube is puted horizontally. Does it have a new board on top of the 6h30 slots to hold the 5881? Can someone send me some pics? I'm not in the US so i have to see if it can be done on field.
I just recieved my CD-7 back from ARC with the upgrade. Will was right on in his assessment.

I only had time to listen to a few "cuts" before I had to leave, so anything I say here was with less than an hour on the player. Its operating on "repeat" until I get home tonight.

The improvement is NOT subtle at all ... in fact, from my limited time listening today, what occured to me was ... this is like going from a mid-grade Grado cartridge to a very good moving coil. In comparison, inner-detail is much improved, like hearing around the notes of a classical guitar. Dynamics are much more explosive ... try the Jessica Williams "Live at Yoshi's" piano trio, both Vol-I and Vol-II. Amazing.

My contact at ARC tells me that the modded CD-7 gets you about one-quarter to one-forth of the way to a CD-8. All I can say is, the CD-8 must be something speciall indeed.

I'd recommend the upgrade mod to anyone who has a stock CD-7. Original owners get the mod for free.

Take care guys and happy listening.
I also got my CD 7 back from ARC a few days ago. If you read WSILL and OREGONPAPA's comments they have hit it right on the "head" with the new performance achieved. It really is a new listening experience. I highly recommend any original owners to upgrade their players. The turn around time was only two weeks. Great service from a great company. The only thing I can't figure out is why they didn't include a power off button on the remote like the Ref 3 has??? I wish I could turn it off from my chair. Does the CD 8 include one on that remote?
Great to hear that the CD-7 upgrades gives a nice sonic improvement. I'll be sending mine in soon.