Affordable SS that sound like Tubes

I was a 100% vinyl guy for many years. Due to maintenance cost and aggravation I switched to DSD after a lot of research and I have no regrets.

I am looking for suggestions on affordable SS that sounds as good as Tubes. 

Here's the rub. My Mid Monos were less than $2,000 brand new and they sound incredible. As does my Pre that costed me less than $1,000.

Integrated suggestions are welcomed.

And I would like to hear from people that had fine tube equipment and switched to fine SS equipment.

And please, no mention of "Tubes have Higher Distortion." LOL

T

128x128tonydennison

A hear hear for the Wells brand. I have the Innamorata amplifier connected directly to the outputs of my Matrix X-Sabre pro in preamp mode pushing my Moabs and the sound is incredibly detailed, smooth, organic and powerful. I’ve tried a few different preamps with it but I keep returning to the DAC direct route. More clarity without any downsides. 

@oldtexasdog

Thanks for the article. Fun read. An old producer I know used to have Carver Amps and they did sound nice.

My Parasound 200 is a killer integrated.  Its available in a preamp only flavor.  Significantly more pleasing than my Primaluna Pre.  More warmth and body.  Begs to be turned up.  Primaluna begs you to turn it down even with Mullard tubes.  I have learned the hard way, Tubes do not guarantee romance and warmth. 

Accuphase Class A integrateds perhaps ?.. Quite expensive even used but they sound good. But affordable I don't think so.

Belles Aria, a" tube like sound". Not exactly, but it sounds sublime, a little warm, a little smooth, yet plenty of detail. Moving up the chain just gets better.